[Libguestfs] virt-ls windows

Evaggelos Balaskas ebalaskas at ebalaskas.gr
Thu Aug 2 22:38:56 UTC 2012

The below set of cmds is a working test
according to your help notes:

mkdir -pv backup
cd !$

guestfish --ro -d win2003 -i

Welcome to guestfish, the libguestfs filesystem interactive shell for
editing virtual machine filesystems.

Type: 'help' for help on commands
      'man' to read the manual
      'quit' to quit the shell

Operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2003
/dev/vda1 mounted on /

><fs> list-filesystems
/dev/vda1: ntfs
/dev/vdb1: ntfs
><fs> umount-all
><fs> mount /dev/vdb1 /
><fs> glob copy-out /* .

reading guestfish manual and see some msgs like

"tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors"

i am guessing that you (we) are using tar command to copy out.

the previous error is :

"tar: ......... : Cannot open: File name too long"

although not a big problem

I've used kpartx for LVM partition, mount mapper disk and rsync files
but i never had this speed.
Really impressive. I 'll rsync the final output just to be sure of files.

Are there any other tips ?

--
Evaggelos Balaskas - Unix System Engineer
http://gr.linkedin.com/in/evaggelosbalaskas