[Libguestfs] febootstrap and download packages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Dec 22 09:08:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 09:41:28PM +0200, Evaggelos Balaskas wrote:
> if you want to fallback to default pacman.config, then all you need is this
>
>  (match pacman_config with
>  | None -> ""
>  | Some filename when Sys.file_exists filename -> " --config " ^ filename
>  | _ -> ""
>  )
>
> if you believe that febootstrap should exit, then i dont mind to
> (learn more ocaml) provide a patch in the next few days.
> Thats why i asked about the yum plugin approach on yum config file.

I think I've fixed this with the latest set of commits:

(1) The option is now called --packager-config, and it is common to
all backends.  ie. Both yum and pacman use the same option, which
means you can immediately use this from libguestfs.

https://github.com/libguestfs/febootstrap/commit/b8cbe191d0f03af1f6a42a07795995b16d5a8c24

(2) The code now checks that the config file exists, and makes the
path absolute (so that relative paths will work).

https://github.com/libguestfs/febootstrap/commit/63b073c8feeda6f8286d51693ca2b9b3d4d02757

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/