[Libguestfs] sample code for guestfs_hivex_node_set_value

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 22:33:58 UTC 2012

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 10:29:52PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 03:35:49PM -0500, Skippy VonDrake wrote:
> > I've set the environment variable HIVEX_DEBUG to 1 on a chance that
> > this may help - but it doesn't.
>
> No, unfortunately this environment variable is not passed through to
> the daemon.  You could try doing:

Or even easier:

  guestfs_hivex_open (g, filename,
                      GUESTFS_HIVEX_OPEN_VERBOSE, 1,
                      GUESTFS_HIVEX_OPEN_DEBUG, 1,
                      -1);

However you will still need to enable libguestfs debugging
(guestfs_set_verbose (g, 1)) in order to see any output from hivex,
since it's all running inside the appliance.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top