[Libguestfs] febootstrap and download packages

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 19:28:19 UTC 2012

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 09:16:41PM +0200, Evaggelos Balaskas wrote:
> Thats fine - that was the approach i was going too but i couldnt think
> how to implement this.
> Thanks for the acknowledge on github.
>
> I would like to discuss one more thing:
>
> If pacman_config file doesnt exist then exit status of Sys.command cmd is 1
> and febootstrap is trying to find this package from aur.
>
> eg.
> $ sudo pacman --config /etc/pacman.conf2 -Sw rsync ; echo $?
> error: config file /etc/pacman.conf2 could not be read.
> 1
>
> a fallback mechanism could be this:
>
> (match pacman_config with
>  | None -> ""
>  | Some filename when Sys.file_exists filename -> " --config " ^ filename
>  | _ -> ""
> )
>
> (learning ocaml through febootstrap !)
>
> I am not sure what the user experience should be on that.
> Whats the approach on yum plugin, if the yum config doesnt exist ?

OK, I get it, you mean that the later code falls back to AUR.

That could happen.  I think what is needed is an explicit
check earlier on, ie:

  fun pkg ->
    if not (Sys.file_exists filename) then
      failwith (sprintf "%s: pacman-config file does not exist" filename)
    else (
      ... all the rest of the code ...
    )

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/