[Libguestfs] Kernel panic on Ubuntu 10.04

Syndicut syndicut at gmail.com
Sun Jan 1 23:12:46 UTC 2012

02.01.2012 03:05, Richard W.M. Jones пишет:
> On Mon, Dec 26, 2011 at 06:43:55PM +0400, Syndicut wrote:
>> execl: /init: No such file or directory
> This error means that /init or /bin/bash or some library needed by
> /bin/bash doesn't exist in the appliance.  You can try running ldd on
> /bin/bash (in the host) and see if the libraries it needs are all
> present in the appliance, using the debug information which was
> printed.
>
> Also make sure your apt configuration reflects what is in your host
> filesystem.  Supermin appliances as used by the default build don't
> work unless the host filesystem and the appliance built by
> apt/febootstrap are very similar.  Thus you can't mix and match apt
> configuration with a different host configuration - they have to be
> the same and the host has to be up to date (ie. apt-get dist-upgrade).
>
> http://libguestfs.org/febootstrap.8.html#supermin_appliances
>
> Rich.

Thanks for the help, I've already fixed all the issues and succesfully
built and installed libguestfs package.
There were two problems:
1) Default distribution set to "lucid" in apt config, which prevented
aptitude from downloading the kernel (as it is in lucid-updates)
2) Mentioned symlink to /etc/alternatives/sh, which had to be changed to
/bin/bash