[Libguestfs] [libguestfs] build: Remove .depend from git (#1)

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 11:38:46 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:14:53AM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 03:10:35AM -0800, mdbooth wrote:
> > Remove generated file from source control, and don't barf when it doesn't exist
> > while bootstrapping.
> >
> > You can merge this Pull Request by running:
> >
> >   git pull https://github.com/mdbooth/libguestfs build
> >
> > Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:
> >
> >   https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/pull/1
> >
> > -- Commit Summary --
> >
> > * build: Remove .depend from git
> >
> > -- File Changes --
> >
> > D generator/.depend (158)
> > M generator/Makefile.am (2)
> >
> > -- Patch Links --
> >
> >   https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/pull/1.patch
> >   https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/pull/1.diff
> >
> > ---
> > https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/pull/1
>
> No, I don't like this at all :-(

Likewise, the email has insufficient content (ie it lacks the patch
contents) to enable review, thus forcing you to use the web UI.

> Let's keep patch reviews on the mailing list, so we have a permanent
> record in the usual place.

Yep, mailing list archives effectively live forever, and are mirrored
in many places. The majority of web tools have a short lifespan before
all their data disappears into the void.

Daniel