[Libguestfs] Compile failure

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Mon Jan 23 09:38:31 UTC 2012

On 01/22/2012 09:07 AM, Wanlong Gao wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I can't compile upstream now, it seems the gobject ld error, maybe I need install something, but I'm
> not familiar with gobject.
>
> Maybe we need to add something more to check if we should enable gobject bindings?
>
> error message is below:
> ---
>    GISCAN Guestfs-1.0.gir
> ./.libs/libguestfs-gobject-1.0.so: undefined reference to `guestfs_test0rbufferouterr'
> ./.libs/libguestfs-gobject-1.0.so: undefined reference to `guestfs_test0_argv'
> ./.libs/libguestfs-gobject-1.0.so: undefined reference to `guestfs_test0rbufferout'

All of these are new bindtests I introduced in that series, so these are
internal dependencies. It looks like the bindtests haven't been rebuilt
in your tree. Make dependencies getting out of whack during updates is
par for the course, unfortunately. If you can't fix it by forcing a
rebuild in src/ you might have to resort to a clean and rebuild.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490