[Libguestfs] virt-v2v error - Fedora 16

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Wed Jan 25 09:30:49 UTC 2012

On 01/24/2012 03:42 PM, DE Clay wrote:
> Trying to test virt-v2v using ESX.  Running Fedora 16 and virt-v2v
> 0.8.5.
>
> Command invocation:
>
> virt-v2v -ic esx://testhostname/?no_verify=1 -os testpool --network
> default testvm
>
> Result:
>
> Invalid configuration of Net::HTTPS
> at /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Sys/VirtConvert/Transfer/ESX.pm line 68.
>

> Couldn't find a resolution to this issue on the net.  Please assist.

You've hit a failsafe of a gross hack required to ensure the correct
validation of an SSL certificate. We specifically require Net::SSL
rather than IO::Socket::SSL. The check you've encountered is that the
one we configured is the one in use. In your case it isn't, which I
confess I have never seen before.

Can you confirm that you have perl-Crypt-SSLeay installed? That should
be enough. It would also be interesting to know if you have
perl-IO-Socket-SSL installed. If you do, what happens if you uninstall it?

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490