[Libguestfs] example script for GObject

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 08:44:08 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 12:02:41AM +0100, Hilko Bengen wrote:
> I tried using Javascript (gjs) with GObject-Introspection and did a port
> of the create_disk example which is attached below.
>
> Quite a bit of time was spent looking up stuff in the GLib reference and
> guessing how certain idioms translate to gjs.
>
> I used the traditional add_drive_opts method since I haven't been able
> to find how to specify the optional arguments to add_drive_opts. How
> does that work?

  var optargs = new Guestfs.AddDriveOpts ({readonly: true});
  g.add_drive_opts (filename, optargs);

This awkward style is required because GObject Introspection doesn't
support optional arguments.

Here is my program, which uses add_drive_opts and performs inspection,
similar to the 'inspect_vm' example:

https://rwmj.wordpress.com/2012/01/25/calling-libguestfs-from-javascript/

[...]

> g.add_drive (file.get_path (), Guestfs.AddDriveOpts.OPTS_FORMAT, "raw");

I think Javascript is simply ignoring the second and third arguments.
I'm a bit surprised there is no error ...

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/