[Libguestfs] unexpected end of file mounting vdi image

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Jul 2 09:13:43 UTC 2012

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 03:01:24PM -0800, B. M. wrote:
> I am unable to mount a vdi image with virt-df.

Which version of virt-df, from where?

What's the precise virt-df command that you're running?

> I get this error in the libvirt log. 2012-06-24 02:37:22.484+0000:
> 2364: error : qemuMonitorIO:583 : internal error End of file from
> monitor

libvirt doesn't have anything to do with virt-df, unless you're using
the -c or -d options of virt-df in which case virt-df will use libvirt
to look up the path to the guest disk image.  In any case, there's no
useful information in the libvirt log from running virt-df.

> I don't really know from this output what the problem is and some
> assistance would be appreciated.  I'm attaching the output of the
> libguest[fs] test program.

In addition to answering the important questions above, try enabling
debugging:

http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#debugging_libguestfs