[Libguestfs] guestfish1.7.17 does not support qemu-kvm1.0.93?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 5 20:41:59 UTC 2012

libguestfs 1.7.17 was what we supplied in RHEL 6.1 / 6.2 and CentOS
derivatives, but it's rather old and cannot cope with anything except
the qemu which is also supplied in RHEL.

I'd suggest first of all trying the RHEL 6.3 packages here:

  http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs-RHEL-6.3-preview/

These will work fine on RHEL 6.2 (or CentOS 6.2).  Read the README
file first.

Secondly, use the regular qemu and kernel packages supplied by Red
Hat.  These contain all the bits needed for libguestfs to work, and
have been extensively tested.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top