[Libguestfs] virt-resize

Dan The Man dan at sunsaturn.com
Mon Jun 25 17:55:11 UTC 2012

On Mon, 25 Jun 2012, Nikita A Menkovich wrote:

> You can write to UFS. It is rather safe. But you could not make a
> resize of ufs filesystem on Linux. There is not utilities for this.
>
> On 25 June 2012 18:53, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Don't think guestmount even supports ufs even if it is enabled either:
>>> Did a quick download of this read only ufs module: rpm -i
>>> kmod-ufs-0.0-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm
>>>
>>> cappy:~# modprobe ufs
>>
>> After downloading a kmod, you need to rebuild the libguestfs
>> appliance.  Just do:
>>
>>  rm -rf /var/tmp/.guestfs-*

Tried this but still got ufs unknown type ufs error.

>>> cappy:~# guestmount -a /dev/virtual/freebsd -m /dev/sda2 /freebsd -r
>>> libguestfs: error: mount_options: /dev/vda2 on /: mount: unknown
>>> filesystem type 'ufs'
>>> guestmount: '/dev/sda2' could not be mounted.  Did you mean one of these?
>>>         /dev/vda1 (unknown)
>>>         /dev/vda2 (ufs)
>>>         /dev/vda3 (unknown)
>>
>> You can pass the extra mount options to guestmount, so this might
>> work:
>>
>>  guestmount [...] -m /dev/sda2:/:ro,ufstype=ufs2 [...]

cappy:~# guestmount -a /dev/virtual/centos -m /dev/sda1:/ /centos
cappy:~# umount /centos
cappy:~# guestmount -a /dev/virtual/centos -m /dev/sda1:/:ro /centos
libguestfs: error: mount_options: you must mount something on / first
guestmount: '/dev/sda1' could not be mounted.  Did you mean one of these?
         /dev/vda1 (ext4)
         /dev/virtual/root (ext4)
         /dev/virtual/swap (swap)
cappy:~#

Just trying to pass a simple "ro" option, can't seem to get it to take any
option even on a simple /boot mount on sda1?

Dan.