[Libguestfs] guestfish1.7.17 does not support qemu-kvm1.0.93?

Xing.x.Gao itxx00 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 01:51:55 UTC 2012

2012/6/6 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>:

> libguestfs 1.7.17 was what we supplied in RHEL 6.1 / 6.2 and CentOS
> derivatives, but it's rather old and cannot cope with anything except
> the qemu which is also supplied in RHEL.
>
> I'd suggest first of all trying the RHEL 6.3 packages here:
>
>  http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs-RHEL-6.3-preview/

firstly,i've updated libguestfs before the tests,
# guestfish --version
guestfish 1.16.19rhel=6,release=1.el6

> Secondly, use the regular qemu and kernel packages supplied by Red
> Hat.  These contain all the bits needed for libguestfs to work, and
> have been extensively tested.
secondly,the regular qemu supplied by redhat does not support disk
only snapshot using libvirt,so i am tring to solve these problems. and
yestoday i found that qemu-kvm-0.14.1 works correct with guestfish ,

thanks.