[Libguestfs] mounting using guestfish

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 13:11:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 04:17:09AM -0700, THO HUYNH wrote:
> Hi Mr.Rich,
>
> I downloaded libguestfs-.1.16.5.tar.gz package on www.libguestfs.org
>
> I tried to patch this package with the two patches you gave me. Here is the result I got:
>
> [root at Fedora16 Downloads]# tar -xvf libguestfs-1.16.5.tar.gz
>
> [root at Fedora16 Downloads]# patch -Np1 --ignore-whitespace -d libguestfs-1.16.5 < p1.patch
> patching file src/launch.c
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 833 (offset -11 lines).
>
> [root at Fedora16 Downloads]# patch -Np1 --ignore-whitespace -d libguestfs-1.16.5 < p2.patch
> patching file .gitignore
> Hunk #1 succeeded at 73 with fuzz 2.
> patching file examples/Makefile.am
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 27.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file examples/Makefile.am.rej
> patching file examples/copy_over.c
>

> p1.patch and p2.patch are the 2 patches respectively.
> I tried --ignore-whitespace flag and dos2unix on p2.patch but still failed.
> I can get into examples/Makefile.am and patch it manually but I want something automatically.
> Can you take a look at the patch please.

The patches are fine, they simply need to be "rebased" on top of the
stable branch.  If you're set on downloading and compiling from the
source, you may as well just use libguestfs from git which includes
this program already.

As I suggested before, get someone local to you who can help you with
tasks like patching and compiling.