[Libguestfs] Extend disk image type

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 09:32:18 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 02:43:57PM -0700, Kai Meyer wrote:
> How can I add an image file type to the list of image types that
> libguestfs supports? I see raw, qcow2, vmdk, ect. I would like to
> add support for a new type. Where should I begin?

libguestfs doesn't support any disk types as such.  It just uses
whatever qemu supports, so the place to add a new disk type would be
in qemu:

http://git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=tree;f=block;hb=HEAD

No special action is required in libguestfs; it will just inherit
access to the new format once qemu has it.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-p2v