[Libguestfs] ESX Cluster

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Fri Mar 9 12:53:22 UTC 2012

On 03/08/2012 07:20 PM, John Holland wrote:

>> Hello,
>> we are learning how to use virt-v2v and are about to look at converting
>> VMware instances. Our VMware admin
>> says that the VMware server setup is a windows box with three linux
>> boxes in a cluster.
>>

>> Does it matter which linux box we connect to ?

I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you using ESX, or VMware server?
virt-v2v doesn't directly support VMware server, only ESX.

Assuming you are using VMware server, the only way we can currently
support you is by booting your guests with the P2V boot image and
transferring them that way.

Matt
--
Matthew Booth, RHCA, RHCSS

GPG ID:  D33C3490
GPG FPR: 3733 612D 2D05 5458 8A8A 1600 3441 EA19 D33C 3490