[Libguestfs] [virt-tools-list] libguestfs for Windows guests?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Mon May 7 12:23:42 UTC 2012

Finally what you said percolated through the layers of flint around my
mind :-)  'libguestfs' is in the AUR, not in the repos; although its
label is "Manages virtual machine images", I'll think it is possibly
mislabeled, will try it.

J.E.B.

> On Fri, May 04, 2012 at 05:41:22PM -0500, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
>> H'm.  Well, I'm doing this on Arch Linux, and I don't seem to have a
>> virt-inspector command.
> I'm not very familiar with how libguestfs is packaged for Arch Linux,
> except that I helped them a bit on extending febootstrap for Arch.  It
> could be that virt-inspector is not packaged at all, or that it's in a
> different package (in Fedora we split libguestfs over about a dozen
> packages).  You'd have to ask the Arch maintainers -- could be Nikos
> Skalkotos, who is a subscriber to this list.
>
>> I did set up an area for guestfs successfully in virt-manager, but
>> was not able to figure out how to find it in Windows.
> Do you mean that you used the inspection feature of virt-manager
> successfully?
>
>> The guest is Windows 7 64-bit, if that makes a
>> difference.
> We can inspect any Windows guest since Windows XP, 32 or 64 bit.  The
> only reason we don't support earlier than XP is no one has tried it.

Jonathan E. Brickman
/Ponderworthy Music/ <http://ponderworthy.com>
805 SW Jewell Ave
Topeka KS 66606-1610