[Libguestfs] guestfs_mount_local* api undefined symbols

Nok leolc_2749 at qq.com
Thu May 10 13:59:17 UTC 2012

Recently i deployed latest 1.17.40 on rhel6.1.
When i ran a tiny program which was to test the function guestfs_mount_local() or those similar functions that mounts locally, Error prompted—undefined symbol guest_mount_local !
Why didn`t this undefined symbol error prompt when the program was first compiled,but occurred when it was run?
Then i gave guestfish mount local a try in the shell, and found that ok.I thought it could not be something wrong with the installation.And then wierd happened—i ran the previous test program again,and it did mount the vm image on the host local directory! I doubted whether this was repeatable so i ran it again,and it failed with the same error “undefined symbol guestfs_mount_local”.

Nok

sorry for the lengthy logs below ^^#

libguestfs debug info
http://pastebin.com/C6E4VAW7
at the end there is an undefined symbol : guestfs_mount_local error.

gcc prog.c -o prog -Wall -lguestfs

no relevant warning or error
make install

http://pastebin.com/EExzKbNa