[Libguestfs] virt-v2v / virt-p2v

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu May 10 14:42:24 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 09:55:05AM +0200, NEVEU Stephane wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Trying to figure out how virt-p2v works to convert an ubuntu. First,
> I do not understand why do I need an ISO image to make it run ? Can
> you explain me quickly ? Can't I directly use your source tarballs ?

You want to P2V-convert an Ubuntu guest, right?

Or run the conversion process on an Ubuntu host?

Matt ^ do we support Ubuntu guests?

> Having a look in my RHN account, redhat6.3 is not out so no ISO to
> download yet.
>
> By the way, the provided link http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization/chap-Virtualization-v2v-migration.html  is 404.

It looks like we moved it to a separate guide here:

https://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html-single/V2V_Guide/index.html

I'll fix the link.

The public docs don't cover virt-p2v because we've not released it in
RHEL yet (will be in RHEL 6.3).

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/