[Libguestfs] get virtual machine`s ip address

THO HUYNH feeliwood at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 15:24:31 UTC 2012

I`m writing 2 simple socket programs:

Client program runs on guest, server program runs on host machine.

The server need the dom xml name of the guest which is running the client program and the only information the server program has is the guest`s ip address.
I first saw virt-ifconfig was perfect for the purpose.
Is there another way to get the dom xml name of a guest from an ip address (if the ip address belongs to that guest).

Tho Huynh.