[Libguestfs] virt-sysprep on Windows Guest

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri May 25 07:30:41 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 01:47:53PM +0800, Wanlong Gao wrote:
> Hi Rich, folks,
>
> I wont to start doing the windows guest support for virt-sysprep,
> Any thoughts?
>
> What do you think should be prepared on a new cloned windows guest?

The main thing is to be able to run Microsoft's sysprep tool
on a Windows guest.

Chris wrote some code to do this already in this branch of oz, but
it's very complex:

https://github.com/clalancette/oz/tree/win2k8customize

See in particular:
https://github.com/clalancette/oz/blob/win2k8customize/oz/Windows.py

People will also want to set the hostname (--hostname option) and run
scripts (--script option).