[Libguestfs] Convert a locally stored copy of an esxi virtual machine to libvirt using virt-v2v?

Curtis C. serverascode at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 20:50:11 UTC 2012

Hi,

Is there a way to use a locally stored copy of an exsi created virtual
machine to convert to libvirt via virt-v2v? I don't want to have to
download the image from the esxi server each time I run virt-v2v as that
copy takes a long time.  Perhaps I'm just missing the command line option.

What I would like to do is copy the image manually to the virt-v2v server
and work on it locally with virt-v2v, for example in situations where I
don't have access to the esxi host.

Thanks,
Curtis.

--