[Libguestfs] cdrom device handling

Olaf Hering olaf at aepfle.de
Fri Oct 12 14:13:56 UTC 2012

Is there a way for the tools to provide a configured cdrom as cdrom to
the temporary guest? Right now both disk and cdrom retrived from libvirt
will showup as disks in the temporary guest.

This happens for bus ide and scsi. It seems on my test system the guest
can not start from a scsi disk, but the scsi cdrom appears as scsi cdrom
in the guest. So I think its maybe just a matter of generating '<disk
type='file' device='cdrom'>' instead of '<disk type='file'
device='disk'>'?

I'm using this command, which works ok for me:
virt-rescue -v -c qemu+ssh:///system  -d opensuse12 -r

Olaf