[Libguestfs] guestfish(1) references non-existant tar_out/tar_in option

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 18:17:22 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 04:03:35PM +0200, Olaf Hering wrote:

> While creating my first guestfish script I noticed an inconsistency in
> the guestfish(1) man page. The option tgz-out references "tar_out",
> which does not exist, instead its called "tar-out". The same is true for
> tgz-in/tar_in. After a quick grep in the code its not clear to me how to
> resolve this issue.

This is a documentation bug: in fact guestfish lets you use
either tar-in or tar_in alike.

$ guestfish tar-in
tar-in should have 2-3 parameter(s)
type 'help tar-in' for help on tar-in
$ guestfish tar_in
tar_in should have 2-3 parameter(s)
type 'help tar_in' for help on tar_in

Also you can use the deprecated tgz-in functions and friends.  We've
no intention of removing them.

I'll fix the documentation.