[Libguestfs] ANNOUNCE: RHEL 6.4 preview packages available

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 21:38:09 UTC 2012

As some may remember, in the run-up to RHEL 6.3 I made a yum
repository available of libguestfs and other packages.  It's time for
the same thing for RHEL 6.4.

These packages should work on RHEL 6.3, CentOS 6.3 and other RHEL 6
derivatives (although I've only tried them on RHEL 6.3).  A source RPM
is also supplied in case you want to try rebuilding the package.

To use the repo, run the following command as root:

cat >/etc/yum.repos.d/libguestfs-RHEL-6.4-preview.repo <<EOF
[libguestfs-RHEL-6.4-preview]
name=libguestfs RHEL 6.4 preview - x86_64
baseurl=http://people.redhat.com/~rjones/libguestfs-RHEL-6.4-preview/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0
EOF

Then:

  yum install '*guestf*'

Running 'libguestfs-test-tool' after this is a good way to test if
things are generally working or not.  If you want to try a more
thorough set of tests, then see:

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-testing.1.html

To go back to the supported packages, uninstall libguestfs, remove the
file /etc/yum.repos.d/libguestfs-RHEL-6.4-preview.repo and install
libguestfs from the usual place.

If you find bugs, please let me know, or file them in Bugzilla.

For a list of known bugs in libguestfs on RHEL 6, see:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=libguestfs&product=Red%20Hat%20Enterprise%20Linux%206