[Libguestfs] guestfsd process dead while quitting guestfish

Richard Huang huangyunsong at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:03:07 UTC 2012

The messages on guest's screen:

# ./guestfsd -vr
verbose daemon enabled
linux commmand line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.5.3-1.fc17.i686.PAE
root=UUID=88c7691f-a407-45ad-a2b2-c00f0d7c24cc ro rd.md=0 rd.lvm=0 rd.dm=0
SYSFONT=True KEYTABLE=us rd.luks=0 LANG=en_US.UTF-8 rhgb quiet

guestfsd: main_loop: new request, len 0x28
fsync /dev/vda
fsync /dev/vdb
guestfsd: main_loop: proc 282 (internal_autosync) took 0.23 seconds
read: unexpected end of file on fd 3

You can see the last line.

thanks.