[Libguestfs] Internationalisation in guestconv

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 20:45:36 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 01:15:57PM -0400, Mo Morsi wrote:
> On 04/12/2013 06:14 PM, Crag Wolfe wrote:
> > On 04/12/2013 08:17 AM, Matthew Booth wrote:
> >> I've added internationalisation to guestconv, and updated HACKING with a
> >> new section. Any thoughts/comments?
> >>
> >> Matt
> >>
> > +1
> > Looks like the right python way to me.
> >
> > --Crag
>
> Ya looks good. We can also potentially look into using a service like
> transifex [1] which I know Fedora uses for their localization needs.
>
> I see we have makefiles under the locale directory and libguestfs dir.
> I'm wondering now if it'd just make sense to have a top level autotools
> based build system for these targets and more (eg run the test suite, etc).

FWIW in libguestfs itself we use transifex and GNU gettext, but I
spent some time last year removing the gettextize cruft and replacing
it with a Makefile-based version which is both simpler and faster:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commit/75514ab57a06e534f26698fe1725ca29b966c3ad
https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/commit/6aa95e87c1f259589ff9c7812707e4b30b8f6fd7

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW