[Libguestfs] Sheepdog support in libguestfs (was: Re: About features of libguestfs)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Feb 18 17:43:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 11:28:47AM +0800, Edwin Cen wrote:
> I wonder if libguestfs supports sheepdog which means if I can inject
> some config info into virtual machine built on sheepdog with
> libgeustfs or not?  If the current version cannot support it can I
> change something to make it happen?

It's likely that sheepdog could be made to work, and adding support
would probably be simple (particularly using the libvirt backend,
since libvirt already supports it).  However I have never tried it.

You would have to modify src/launch-libvirt.c so that it can create
sheepdog pools and/or volumes:

http://libvirt.org/storage.html#StorageBackendSheepdog