[Libguestfs] Proposed API for guestconv library

Ian Main imain at redhat.com
Mon Feb 25 22:28:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 04:42:48PM +0000, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 03:00:55PM +0000, Matthew Booth wrote:

[ Lots of good stuff snipped]

> '&err' blurgh.  Why not return an error code and set the error in the
> handle, same way that libguestfs works?

I think either way would work.  I'm trying to think of how this would
map into ruby/python and I think you would probably want to raise an
exception.  So in that case it's really up to the bindings as to how to
get that info out.  If you wanted to get the error from python it would
probably be nicer to have a method on the handle object.

The rest seems fine and/or is probably beyond my knowledge of how the
tools work in general.

    Ian