[Libguestfs] virt-v2v F18 guest on F18 failure

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Feb 28 16:08:15 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 08:15:08AM -0700, Ryan Barry wrote:
> Run with LIBGUESTFS_ATTACH_METHOD=appliance
>
> Fails with:
>
> inspect_os: mount_ro: /dev/sda on / (options: 'ro'): mount: /dev/sda is already mounted or /sysroot busy at
>       /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl/Sys/VirtConvert/GuestfsHandle.pm line 194.
>
> virt-inspector works as expected
>
> libguestfs-test-tool.log: http://pastebin.ca/2317900
> virt-v2v.log: http://iaindb.pastebin.ca/2317938
>
> Any suggestions?

The error is pretty strange.  Neither /dev/sda nor /sysroot get
mounted before the point where the error happens, so I can't
understand why the appliance kernel would think they are busy.

If virt-inspector works, that would suggest that it's not an error
with inspection.

Did you run virt-inspector with LIBGUESTFS_ATTACH_METHOD=appliance set?

Is this a one-off error or does it happen every time you run virt-v2v?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW