[Libguestfs] NB: automake 1.13 miscompiles ocaml/Makefile.am

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jan 17 14:18:07 UTC 2013

If you rebuild the Makefiles using automake >= 1.13 then you'll likely
hit this error:

  Makefile:1904: *** unterminated variable reference.  Stop.

This is caused by automake miscompiling GNU make macros that appear in
the 'TESTS' variable decl in 'ocaml/Makefile.am'.

I posted a bug about this upstream.  It hasn't appeared yet, but it
should turn up here in the near future:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-automake/2013-01/threads.html

I'm still trying to see if there is a workaround we can add to
libguestfs.