[Libguestfs] libguestfs: error: umount_local: unknown option 1069642336

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Jun 16 15:48:52 UTC 2013

| 08:49 < oberonc> hi
| 08:49 < oberonc> I have a problem with libguesfs 1.20.6
| 08:50 < oberonc> on fedora 18
| 08:50 < oberonc> with fuse 2.9.2
| 08:50 < oberonc> when I call guestfs_umount_local() I get the following
|                  error:
| 08:50 < oberonc> libguestfs: error: umount_local: unknown option
|                  1069642336 (this can happen if a program is compiled
|                  against a newer version of libguestfs, then
|                  dynamically linked to an older version)

I'm going to guess that you're calling the C API directly.  The
prototype for guestfs_umount_local is:

  extern int guestfs_umount_local (guestfs_h *g, ...);

with the '...' being used for optional arguments.  If you don't
have any optional arguments, or to terminate the list of optional
arguments, you need to use '-1'.  eg:

  guestfs_umount_local (g, -1);

If you miss this out then you'd see an error like the above.

If you're using another binding then please give some more details of
exactly what you're doing.

By the way, guestfs_umount_local isn't exactly safe to use.  You're
probably better off calling 'fusermount -u /mountpoint' instead.  In
newer versions of libguestfs there is a program called guestunmount
which makes this easy.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW