[Libguestfs] noapic in /etc/libguestfs-tools.conf

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 08:39:53 UTC 2013

[Please send all questions and replies to the mailing list]

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 09:34:09PM -0400, Preetam Jinka wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I wanted to know how to set LIBGUESTFS_APPEND="noapic" through
> /etc/libguestfs-tools.conf
> but I'm not sure what the format of the file should be.
>
> Could you give me the exact line I should add which will work?
>
> Thanks and in advance, and thanks for your great work with libguestfs!

It's not possible to set this in /etc/libguestfs-tools.conf.

You have to set LIBGUESTFS_APPEND="noapic" as an environment variable,
eg. by doing:

export LIBGUESTFS_APPEND="noapic"

or putting this same command into /etc/profile.d/local.sh.

See:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1641477/how-to-set-environment-variable-for-everyone-under-my-linux-system