[Libguestfs] ANNOUNCE: libguestfs 1.22 has been released

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Fri May 24 03:12:37 UTC 2013

> I'm pleased to announce the next stable release of libguestfs (1.22).

Great work!

==========
$ ./autogen.sh && make -j 7 && \
time make -k check LIBGUESTFS_DEBUG=1 \
LIBGUESTFS_TRACE=1 |& tee \
/var/tmp/make-check-libugestfs-24-may.log
==========

is stuck at:

[...]
PASS: test-inspect-fstab-md.sh
10 seconds: ./test-list-filesystems.sh
PASS: test-list-filesystems.sh
14 seconds: ./test-list-md-devices.sh
PASS: test-list-md-devices.sh

$ uname -r
3.10.0-0.rc2.git0.3.fc20.x86_64

Now, re-trying w/: export SKIP_TEST_MDADM_SH=1

> libguestfs is a set of tools for accessing and modifying virtual
> machine disk images.  http://libguestfs.org/
>
> This release represents 5 months of development and has many
> significant new features including:
>
>  - access remote disk images over nbd, ssh, http, ftp, iscsi, ceph, and more
>
>  - syslinux and extlinux bootloader support
>
>  - full support for btrfs guests

Side question: /me hasn't been keeping up. Do you have any info on how "use-able" (for
some definitions of it) is 'btrfsck' ? Did you get a chance to try it at all in your
"copious" free time :)

https://btrfs.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Btrfsck says "This page may contain outdated,
inaccurate or incomplete information."

>  - large performance improvements in virt-df and virt-alignment-scan tools
>
>  - new bash completions for tools
>
>  - many bug fixes
>
>  - full release notes: http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-release-notes.1.html
>
> Download source:
> http://libguestfs.org/download/1.22-stable/
> or: git clone git://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs.git
>
> Binaries will be available shortly for Fedora 19 in the Fedora repository.
>
> Ubuntu 12.10 & 13.04 binary packages will be available shortly here:
> http://libguestfs.org/download/binaries/

/kashyap