[Libguestfs] HA: Accessing iSCSI disc images from the RHEV Manager using libguestfs

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 09:11:32 UTC 2013

On 11/22/2013 10:26 AM, Исаев Виталий Анатольевич wrote:
> Thanks, Itamar. Hooks are really great tool.
> No doubt we will use them.
>
> But I still need some clarification about interaction between hooks (on the manager's side) and libguestfs (on the side of hypervisor/storage).

these are vdsm-hooks, they run on the host, not on the engine (manager).
the engine does allow you, if you want, to configure which custom
properties can be defined at the VM level for example.
then you could make this check optional, or allow to override it.
say your default is to perform the check.
you can add a UserDefinedCustomProperty of "ByPassImageCheck" that can
accept value of 'true'.
then if you want to bypass this check for a sepcific VM, you will set
this custom property for that VM (your hook should have an "if
!ByPassImageCheck" logic in it of course.

(we have other types of hooks for engine side, and uiplugins to embed
things in the gui).

My I ask for the bigger picture of what you are trying to do?

thanks,
    Itamar