[Libguestfs] Add Scientific Linux support

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Nov 6 14:15:44 UTC 2013

On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 12:42:13PM +0000, Adam Huffman wrote:
> Patch with name and URL changes from CentOS script attached.

Thanks, I have added this.  I renamed it to scientificlinux.sh
as discussed on IRC.

I'll do some SL build(s) later.

     	-  -  -  -

FYI:

Virt-builder 1.24 can only handle a single source, which is hard-coded
to: http://libguestfs.org/download/builder/index.asc

Virt-builder upstream (in 1.25.x) can handle multiple sources.
Effectively virt-builder will pull from multiple sources to construct
the list of templates, and distros can manage their own templates.

All a distro needs to do to enable this is:

 - Host the templates, plus a signed index.asc file in the appropriate
   format.  To help with this, there is a new tool upstream
   (virt-index-validate) which can be used to validate the index.asc
   file.

 - Send an email to this list with:

    - location of the index.asc file
    - GPG fingerprint used to sign the file

Plans are already underway to make this happen for Fedora 20 cloud
images.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW