[Libguestfs] Kernel panic with virt-builder etc.

Oliver Frommel ofrommel at medialinx-gruppe.de
Thu Nov 7 12:58:22 UTC 2013

Dammit, you are fast! I just tried to figure out what's missing from
running "init" on the host and installing the missing packages, among
them "mdadm" and others. Also I noticed that "appliance/packagelist"
includes a lot of packages that aren't available on Ubuntu, but maybe
that doesn't matter.

Anyway, I tried your solution but still get the kernel panic in the
"make quickcheck" step.

Also, compiling with "make -C po-docs update-po" before "make" didn't
work. The "make" step complained about some missing pod files in the
"ja" and "uk" locales.

I wonder why it worked for you but not for me. Maybe you have installed
some required packages that I don't have. Will investigate further.