[Libguestfs] HA: Accessing iSCSI disc images from the RHEV Manager using libguestfs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 11:08:28 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 10:29:08AM +0000, Исаев Виталий Анатольевич wrote:
> Thanks a lot. Yes, we have a Support and we will ask them to help
> with this bug.
>
> How do you think, maybe we can hack this issue quickly just putting
> the kernel file (desired by libguestfs) manually to some directory
> on the RHEV-H file system? /boot and /lib/modules do not contain
> kernels on RHEV-H.

A simpler plan would be to grab an appliance from here:

http://libguestfs.org/download/binaries/appliance/

**NB** The appliances there now will not work because they are too new
to work with libguestfs 1.16.  I will prepare a 1.16 appliance and
upload it shortly.

Once you've got an appliance corresponding to your version of
libguestfs, uncompress it into (any) directory and then set:

export LIBGUESTFS_PATH=/path/to/directory

and run libguestfs-test-tool to make sure everything is working.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v