[Libguestfs] HA: Accessing iSCSI disc images from the RHEV Manager using libguestfs

Исаев Виталий Анатольевич isaev at fintech.ru
Fri Nov 22 14:02:17 UTC 2013

Rich, this wasn't operational.

First of all, the image on my version of RHEV-H is kept in other directory. So I did that:

1. $ export FEBOOTSTRAP_KERNEL=/dev/.initramfs/live/vmlinuz0

2. $ echo $FEBOOTSTRAP_KERNEL

                               /dev/.initramfs/live/vmlinuz0

3. $ libguestfs-test-tool

     *                    IMPORTANT NOTICE

     *

     * When reporting bugs, include the COMPLETE, UNEDITED

     * output below in your bug report.

     *

===== Test starts here =====

FEBOOTSTRAP_KERNEL=/dev/.initramfs/live/vmlinuz0

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin

library version: 1.16.34rhel=6,release=2.el6

guestfs_get_append: (null)

guestfs_get_attach_method: appliance

guestfs_get_autosync: 1

guestfs_get_direct: 0

guestfs_get_memsize: 500

guestfs_get_network: 0

guestfs_get_path: /usr/lib64/guestfs

guestfs_get_pgroup: 0

guestfs_get_qemu: /usr/libexec/qemu-kvm

guestfs_get_recovery_proc: 1

guestfs_get_selinux: 0

guestfs_get_smp: 1

guestfs_get_trace: 0

guestfs_get_verbose: 1

host_cpu: x86_64

Launching appliance, timeout set to 600 seconds.

libguestfs: [00000ms] febootstrap-supermin-helper --verbose -f checksum '/usr/lib64/guestfs/supermin.d' x86_64

supermin helper [00000ms] whitelist = (not specified), host_cpu = x86_64, kernel = (null), initrd = (null), appliance = (null)

supermin helper [00000ms] inputs[0] = /usr/lib64/guestfs/supermin.d

febootstrap-supermin-helper: using environment variable(s) FEBOOTSTRAP_* to

select kernel /dev/.initramfs/live/vmlinuz0

febootstrap-supermin-helper: cannot guess module path.

Set $FEBOOTSTRAP_MODULES to the modules directory corresponding to

kernel /dev/.initramfs/live/vmlinuz0, or unset $FEBOOTSTRAP_KERNEL to autoselect a kernel.

libguestfs: error: cannot find any suitable libguestfs supermin, fixed or old-style appliance on LIBGUESTFS_PATH (search path: /usr/lib64/guestfs)

libguestfs-test-tool: failed to launch appliance

libguestfs: closing guestfs handle 0xf04260 (state 0)

Виталий Исаев

Инженер-программист

Группа разработки и внедрения ПСЗИ

Департамент информационной безопасности