[Libguestfs] [libguestfs] Problem Connecting to RBD images using Sys::Guestfs Perl Module

Hilko Bengen bengen at hilluzination.de
Tue Nov 26 08:45:43 UTC 2013

* Jon:

> I'm having trouble connecting to rbd images. It seems like somewhere
> the name is getting chewed up.  I wonder if this is related to my
> previous troubles [1] [2] with rbd images.

The "W: kvm binary is deprecated, please use qemu-system-x86_64 instead"
message looks like the one I know from Debian. From the names of the
kernel images, I'm guessing that you're using Ubuntu, am I right?

The ceph package in Debian has been a mess until very recently, so rbd
support was dropped from the qemu pacakges. Possibly Ubuntu just imports
them from Debian and therefore its qemu packages have no rbd support
either.

Cheers,
-Hilko