[Libguestfs] [libguestfs] Problem Connecting to RBD images using Sys::Guestfs Perl Module

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Nov 26 11:08:06 UTC 2013

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 03:59:49AM -0700, Jon wrote:
> How do you normally deal with that warning?

The warning is just that, so it doesn't really matter at the moment.
However you can configure libguestfs like this if you want to use a
particular binary:

  ./configure --with-qemu="qemu-system-x86_64"

> I typically rename the kvm binary, then link qemu-system-x86_64 but
> my concern is that will cause problems if I want a 32 bit vm... (I
> don't see a reason to run i386 these days, but I _guarntee_ you, I
> have a customer who /refuses/ to use 64bit vms...)

x86-64 as a platform supports 32 bit operating systems.  So there's no
special KVM emulator required to run 32 bit VMs.

> libvirt has no problem with my rbds. It's just libguestfs that doesn't like
> my rbds... unless I prefix the name of the pool with a "/".
>
> I'm open to suggestions, I do most of my work in Perl with the expectation
> my code will run on other platforms, so I'm not married to Ubuntu/debian.

This is a bug in how libguestfs validates the exportname.