[Libguestfs] [libguestfs] Problem Connecting to RBD images using Sys::Guestfs Perl Module

Hilko Bengen bengen at hilluzination.de
Tue Nov 26 12:43:59 UTC 2013

* Jon:

>> The ceph package in Debian has been a mess until very recently
>
> Really? I have no problems with ceph. Until I upgraded to 13.10, I was
> using the opscode ppa; there are no 13.10 repis I'm the ppa...

The package in Debian/unstable had release-critical bugs (failed to
build on several architectures) that nobody bothered to fix before
wheezy was released. The package was stuck as 0.47-something forever and
was only recently upgraded to a current version.

> It's funny you should say that. I can't for the life of me get
> qemu-img to create firmat 2 rbd images... but I think that may be a
> ceph config problem, not an issue with qemu/kvm.

Are qemu-system-x86-64 and qemu-img linked against the relevant
libraries (librbd or something) on your system?

Cheers,
-Hilko