[Libguestfs] virt-builder looks AWESOME!

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Oct 25 21:52:43 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 09:20:50PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Then clone the libguestfs upstream git from github, and follow the
> `Building' section in the README file (all non-root).

Actually it's more accurate to say: follow the building
instructions here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libguestfs/2013-October/thread.html#00060

including creating localconfigure, localenv etc.

I just followed all that, and it certainly works for me.

Note you can run virt-builder without installing (and without needing
root) by doing:

  export VIRT_BUILDER_SOURCE=http://libguestfs.org/download/builder/index.asc
  ./run ./builder/virt-builder -l
  ./run ./builder/virt-builder fedora-19

Setting VIRT_BUILDER_SOURCE is necessary because the ./run script sets
the source to the local directory, which is useful for testing, not so
good for using.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MinGW