[Libguestfs] Status of virt-v2v?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Sep 3 18:52:08 UTC 2013

On Tue, Sep 03, 2013 at 09:29:49AM -0600, Mike Latimer wrote:
> Hi,

I'll make some advisory comments, but you really need to talk to Matt
Booth (CC'd - or mdbooth on #libguestfs).

> I have recently been looking into virt-v2v, and noticed the mention
> of an upcoming rewrite in a few places. Is there a roadmap or post
> someplace that describes the future of this project?

Even better, there is a repo: https://github.com/mdbooth/guestconv
Matt - can you push your latest commits, or is there a more canonical
repo that Mike can look at?

> I've got a couple of patches against the current code base, and am
> wondering if they will still be considered for inclusion.

Yes, for virt-v2v (or guestconv if you want too).  Post patches on
this mailing list.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v