[Libguestfs] Root btrfs partition listed twice?

Mike Latimer mlatimer at suse.com
Fri Apr 25 19:12:08 UTC 2014

Hi,

I know btrfs complicates filesystem lists due to the use of subvolumes.
However, I just noticed that the root partition itself ends up being listed
twice with list-filesystems, inspect-os, inspect-get-roots, etc...  I'm seeing
this in version 1.26, but haven't found anything directly resolving this in
newer versions.

These commands all show the partition listed twice as in the following output:

><fs> inspect-get-roots
/dev/sda2
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/@

The output above complicates the existing virt-v2v process, as it prompts
users to select the appropriate root filesystem. (Either one works for the
conversion.) I've patched v2v to strip out the duplicate 'btrfsvol' entry if
the partition itself is in both strings, but wanted to run the problem past
the list before working around it at that level.

Has this issue been seen before?

For the record, here's the full filesystem list:

><fs> list-filesystems
/dev/sda1: swap
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/@: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/boot/grub2/i386-pc: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/boot/grub2/x86_64-efi: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/home: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/opt: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/srv: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/tmp: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/usr/local: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/var/crash: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/var/lib/mailman: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/var/lib/named: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/var/lib/pgqsl: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/var/log: btrfs
btrfsvol:/dev/sda2/var/opt: btrfs