[Libguestfs] hang after seabios

Zetan Drableg zetan.drableg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 14:43:08 UTC 2014

Ok now we are getting somewhere! Those old vars did the trick.
libguestfs-test-tool launched with qemu-wrapper as expected with the
debug port open.
Now on to the fun part!

(gdb) set architecture i8086
The target architecture is assumed to be i8086
(gdb) break *0x7c00
Breakpoint 1 at 0x7c00
(gdb) target remote :1234
Remote debugging using :1234
0x0000fff0 in ?? ()
(gdb) cont
Continuing.

The breakpoint you documented as when the boot sector has been loaded
into memory by the BIOS and control is passed to the boot sector.
Never hits the breakpoint.....

Next steps?

Do I need to load a symbol table? Where might I find it?