[Libguestfs] issue when building/making package from git

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 11 18:52:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 07:59:56PM +0200, arnaud gaboury wrote:
> > You can avoid testing gnulib (not very interesting anyway) by running:
> >
> >   ./configure --disable-gnulib-tests
>
> I personaly do not care, but in case i make a libguestfs-git PKBUILD,
> I want everything be OK.
> I just realised than I followed the libguestfs PKGBUILD, but NO
> virt-p2v and virt-v2v binaries are installed in /usr/bin.

There's probably a dependency missing.  Look closely at the
./configure output and the README file.

> Shame. I am rewriting the git PKGBUILD.

- - -

I notice you wrote on the AUR about problems using the appliance.

If you're doing ./configure --disable-appliance, then it's not really
surprising that the appliance doesn't get built.

You should test this first of all by building from source, and
without installing, running using the `./run' script.

eg:

  ./run guestfish -N fs -m /dev/sda1 touch /this_is_a_file

does that run without errors, create a file called `test1.img' which
is a disk image containing a filesystem?

If there are errors, post the *complete* output of the commands when
debugging is enabled.  It is very important that you do not edit or
abbreviate the output.  And read this:

  http://libguestfs.org/guestfs-faq.1.html#debug

I am able to build and run libguestfs on ArchLinux.