[Libguestfs] issue when building/making package from git

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 12 14:37:38 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 04:19:29PM +0200, arnaud gaboury wrote:
> FAIL: test-build-bash-network.sh
> ================================
>
> supermin: version: 5.1.9
> supermin: package handler: arch/pacman
> supermin: prepare: bash
> supermin: packages specified on the command line:
>   - bash-4.3.022-1.x86_64
> supermin: writing /tmp/tmp.VzGXV8cvA6/d1.8ffz2i4r/packages
> supermin: after resolving dependencies there are 8 packages:
>   - bash-4.3.022-1.x86_64
>   - filesystem-2014.07-1.x86_64
>   - glibc-2.19-5.x86_64
>   - iana-etc-2.30-4.any
>   - linux-api-headers-3.14.1-1.x86_64
>   - ncurses-5.9-6.x86_64
>   - readline-6.3.006-1.x86_64
>   - tzdata-2014e-1.any
> :: Synchronizing package databases...
> error: failed to update core (unable to lock database)
> error: failed to update extra (unable to lock database)
> error: failed to update community (unable to lock database)
> error: failed to update multilib (unable to lock database)
> error: failed to synchronize any databases
> error: failed to init transaction (unable to lock database)
> error: could not lock database: Permission denied

Something strange going on here.  It doesn't happen on my machine.

You can try playing around with very minimal examples like:

  $ ./src/supermin -v -v -v --prepare filesystem -o /tmp/supermin.d

You'll probably also need to add printf's into src/pacman.ml,
especially the function `pacman_download_all_packages' which is the
one which seems to be failing.