[Libguestfs] More notes on virt-v2v 1.27.27

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Aug 17 11:28:36 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 12:25:03PM +0300, Shahar Havivi wrote:
> On 15.08.14 17:45, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > [Shahar: Let's discuss virt-v2v & oVirt integration on the public
> > mailing list from now on.]
> >
> > New in 1.27.27:
> >
> > * What we previously called `-o ovf' -- ie the ability to export just
> > the OVF metadata -- has been implemented but in a slightly different
> > way.  You can now use:
> >
> >   virt-v2v [...] -o rhev --no-copy -os remote:/esd
> >                          ^^^^^^^^^
> >
> > This means do the conversion and produce the metadata, but don't
> > bother copying the disks.  This flag is of course applicable to other
> > output methods.
> >
> > * You can use the options --rhev-image-uuid, --rhev-vol-uuid and
> How do we set multiple image-uuids?

You cannot.  However you can set multiple --rhev-vol-uuid options (one
per disk image) which I think is what you meant.  You just pass them
on the command line like this:

  virt-v2v --rhev-vol-uuid UUID1 --rhev-vol-uuid UUID2 [etc]

Source:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/master/v2v/types.ml#L33
https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/master/v2v/cmdline.ml#L87
https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/master/v2v/target_RHEV.ml#L260