[Libguestfs] Communication between Host and Guest

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 21:30:28 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 10:47:14PM +0530, Priyanka Naik wrote:
>  We wanted to migrate the process from host machine to guest machine using
> virtio serial. We have already completed with dumping and restoring
> processes. We wanted to transfer those dumped files to guest so that they
> could be restored back, using virtio serial. I found many stuff related to
> virtio serial but couldn't get the code for transferring files. Can you
> provide us with the links which could lead us to our way?

libguestfs implements a custom protocol for upload and downloading
files:

http://libguestfs.org/guestfs.3.html#communication-protocol

However your question sounds more like a generic question about
virtio-serial, so I suggest you investigate the virtio-serial support
in qemu and ask more specific questions on the qemu mailing list.